Tuesday, February 26, 2008

ANS sale of duplicate catalogs

The ANS sale continues. Updated PDFs have been posted with sold-out titles removed. The NFA catalogs I was hoping for were already gone although I bid Saturday, before the announcement hit the e-Sylum.

I did catch a complete or near-complete set of Bankhaus H. Aufhauser/Hauck & Aufhauser catalogs.

If, like me, you are interested in the catalogs for their research value I'd like to remind you of Warren Esty's ancient coin auction catalog site. This site tells how many ancient coins are in each catalog, how good the coins are, and breaks the counts down into Greek, Roman, Byzantine, etc.

I also recommend collectors of Greek coins visit Kolbe 105 catalog for the essays recommending the catalogs of various firms. Most of the firms recommended by Dr. Koppersmith have already sold in the ANS sale.

No comments: